At CDB we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
Cairo Center for Development Benchmarking (CDB) is an energetic and dynamic company that specializes in research, publishing and learning in the field of development. CDB is committed to continuously deliver innovative and creative solutions in-line with the needs of the consultation, training and publishing in the MENA region, CDB aims to promote the best practices and outstanding models for development. CDB is significant for being energetic and active since it was founded in 2015, we have a wide range of reputable partners as well as customers. Among them Wiley Publisher, Princeton University Press, Penguin, Massey university, Emergency Planning College, House of Anansi, American University in Cairo AUC , Coptic Evangelical Organization for Social Services (CEOSS), Plan International, Care International, The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, TVET, Egyptian Tourism Federation, Ministry of education, Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation, Ministry of Trade and Industry, Arab Women Organization, EuropeAid, Affordable Housing Institute and many others.
- Research in Development: CDB has conducted researches in several development topics including but not limited to:
- Field Studies to collect data, test hypotheses, and Experimental Design
- Conducting Baseline Studies, Mid-term evaluation, and Final Evaluation, and Impact assessment.
- Recruitment studies, needs assessment, and needs mapping.
- CDB has also excellent experience of mapping data about 1/3 of our researches we do GPS location identification.
- Performing Socio-economic Analysis including economic empowerment activities.
- Developing indicators, last year CDB has developed 3 new indicators on Gender Equality, Girls leadership and wealth index for 2 of our clients.
- CDB has special interest in benchmarking, comparing and indexing as it is a major theme of each research is how to benchmark National results to global and devolving countries’ performance.
- Publishing in Development: DB has managed to translate several best-selling development books to the Arabic Languages by signing official agreements with the original publishers like Princeton University Press, Penguin Group, house of Anansi Press. The translation included:
- The End of Poverty, by Jeffrey Sachs
- Should we tax the rich more? By Arthur Laffer, George Papandreou, Newt Gingrich, and Paul Krugman.
- The great escape health wealth and the origins of inequality, by Angus Deaton.
- Portfolios of the Poor: How the World's Poor Live on $2 a Day, by Daryl Collins, Jonathan Morduch, Stuart Rutherford & Orlanda Ruthven.
- The new geography of jobs, by Enrico Moretti.
- Training in Development
- CDB has developed Courses on poverty measurement, research design, Monitoring and Evaluation and entrepreneurship.
- Online platforms
- Printed questionnaire
- Field and Tab
- Mobile applications
- Data collection forms
- Face to face interviews
- Expert interviews
- Focus group discussions
- Mystery shoppers
- Expert reviews
- Official interviews
- Risk mapping
- Case studies
- Research Applications
- CSPro “Census and Survey Processing System” for data entry to ensure the best data quality and detect any errors.
- Both STATA and SPSS for data analysis to ensure reaching a world class analysis and to perform several statistical tests.
- Survey-CTO to collect data on tablets and mobile phones with on spot quality check. Survey- CTO allow for tracing the field data collectors using GPS and allow for listening to the interview while it is conducted, and finally it Monitor incoming data in real-time, to catch any signs of trouble or repetition.
- Quality check
- Quality measures include field quality controllers, location identification, phone calls, field visits, client visits, voice recording and field photos.
- In our researches CDB guarantees instant quality checks and instant corrections.
- ¼ of CDB establishment researches in 2017 we guaranteed 100% quality check of the sample.
- Data always get secured using the online encrypted system
- 100% of CDB researches get backup using at online platform/ CDB database server at the office in addition to a copy at the project manager PC.
- CDB team is certified from USA National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research on NIH training course on "Protecting Human Research Participants" this certification is related to the protection of the participants and security of collected data
- CDB has already signed ESOMAR STATUTES and ESOMAR DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES
- CDB provide government approval on field studies from CAPMAS, 100% of CDB researches covered by CAPMAS approval including the NGOs and International donors’ researches.